A chocolate and peanut butter combo craving led me to using an old recipe of my mom’s, veganizing it with gluten-free whole-grain cereal, and voila! Sweet craving satisfied! (And the leftovers freeze well if you’re like me and need to hide them from myself.)
- 1-12oz bag chocolate chips or chunks (I use Enjoy Life brand because it's GF and vegan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 5-6 cups Ancient Maize Flakes (here) or other crunchy wholegrain flakes
- In a microwave in one minute spurts stirring between, melt chocolate and peanut butter together. (Alternately you can use a saucepan over low heat.)
- In a large bowl mix together the flake and melted mixture and spread into a parchment lined pan (I use a 9"x9" pan)
- Refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Cut into squares, or break into chunks, and serve.