So simple! So delicious!! Chia seeds not only thicken fruit to make jam, they provide omega 3 fatty acids and lots of dietary fiber to your breakfast, snacks, or treats!
Author: Victoria Laine
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp whole chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or dark raw sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, ginger or other favorite spice (opt.)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and process until fruit is pureed.
- Transfer to a glass jar with a tight lid to store.
- Refrigerate or allow to sit on cupboard for a few hours to thicken.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- Serve on toast, or fill THUMBPRINT COOKIES!