Gluten-free Vegan Peanut-butter Cookies
Author: Victoria Laine
- 1 cup raisins or dates
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2½ cups rolled oats
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup maple syrup (or other dark liquid sweetener)
- CHOCOLATE VARIATION:
- 8 oz GF vegan (70-85%) chocolate bar, or chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor with the S-blade, process all ingredients until you get a dough-like texture.
- With clean hands mold dough into about ping-pong size balls.
- Place balls onto baking sheet.
- Dip a fork into a small glass of water and press into each ball, making criss-cross marks.
- Bake for about 9-12 minutes until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- Although not necessary, if you are dipping the baked cookies in chocolate or drizzling melted chocolate over them, you can freeze them first to allow the melted chocolate to set up more easily.
Peanutbutter Cookies w/ Chocolate Frosting
Peanut-butter Cookies w/ Chocolate