Use this crunchy, spicy granola with non-dairy milk, sprinkle on fruit salad, or on a Fruit Parfait.
Nutty Ginger-Zing Granola
Author: Victoria Laine
- 5 cups cups rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup fresh raw walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp sesame tahini
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated ginger root (optional for non-ginger version)
- 2 tsp ground ginger powder
- to taste, fresh or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 275F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a very large bowl.
- Whisk the liquid ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Grate ginger-root either with a zester, or in a food processor with a grate-blade. Whisk into the liquid ingredients.
- Pour liquid over the dry ingredients.
- Combine and transfer to a parchment-lined, glass pan or baking sheets. (For double quantities, use two pans or sheets.)
- Bake at 275F for 25 minutes.
- With a spatula, turn and stir the granola once and return to oven for another 20-25 minutes. Cool and transfer to storage jar or container.
- Add fresh fruit to individual servings, or dried fruit to bulk amount.
Nutty Ginger Granola w/ Dried Fruit