Dietary fiber plays many roles in building health and preventing dis-ease.
- Fiber helps prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes by slowing the metabolism of blood glucose.
- Fiber helps prevent and reverse diabetes (minimum 35-50 grams)
- Fiber helps regulate weight by satiating with less calories.
- Fiber promotes the growth of friendly bacteria in the gut, which strengthens the immune system, helps to balance the nervous system and aids absorption and digestion of nutrients.
- Fiber lowers blood cholesterol.
- Fiber decreases the risk of heart disease.
- Fiber helps regulate blood pressure.
- Fiber binds dangerous toxic matter for excretion.
- Fiber binds and draws out excess hormones.
- Fiber lowers the risk of many cancers.
….and yes, dietary fiber helps prevent constipation, as well as lowering the risk of bowel disease!