This cheezy potato-grain-based pizza crust is as satisfying as any flour crust. You can bake it in advance, adding your favorite toppings and heating prior to serving.
Author: Victoria Laine
- 2 Tbsp chia seed flour + 2 Tbsp water
- ¾ lb potato, (about 6-7 baseball-sized potatoes)
- 1 cup cooked grain (quinoa, rice, millet)
- ⅓ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dried Italian spice (basil, oregano)
- ½ tsp salt
- TOPPING IDEAS:
- hummus spread
- babaganoush spread
- vegan garlic pesto
- carmelized onions
- sauteed zucchini
- pickled garlic
- pickled artichokes
- spinach, arugula, kale
- roasted cauliflower
- shitake or other mushrooms
- grated smoked tofu
- crispy fried tempeh
- sweet kernel corn
- colorful bell peppers
- fresh figs
- fresh pineapple
- fresh tomatoes
- fresh basil, oregano, rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 12” pizza pan or baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine ground chia seeds (flour) and water, allowing to soak.
- Grate clean potatoes with either a hand box grater or in a food processor with the grate blade.
- Cook the grain or use leftover grain from a previous meal.
- Combine all ingredients and allow to rest. Fold in ground, soaked chia seeds.
- Form into a pizza shell shape on the baking or pizza pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and add toppings of choice.